Wimborne Teaching School is part of Wimborne Academy Trust. The Trust provides an outstanding education across first and middle phases. Wimborne Teaching School was launched in 2014 and offers a wide range of professional development to schools throughout Dorset and the surrounding area.
This website gives you information about the professional development training that we offer, allowing you to book directly quickly and simply.
We have a desire to see all schools working together to enhance the quality of education across Dorset and beyond.
As a Teaching School, our key areas include:
- Playing a strategic role in training new entrants to the profession.
- Leading peer-to-peer professional and leadership development.
- Identifying and developing leadership potential.
- Providing support for other schools.
- Designating and brokering Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs), Local Leaders of Education (LLEs and National Leaders of Education (NLEs).
- Instigating and developing high-quality research and development.
In consultation with our management group, including local school leaders, we have identified priorities and a powerful improvement model which will support your own school development plans.
For further information on any aspect of the work within the Teaching School please contact us at: email@example.com