MATHS - NO PROBLEM!
Developing a Mastery Approach using High Quality Textbooks
This is an exciting opportunity to visit a Maths - No Problem! accredited school. This approach to developing a mastery approach to mathematics develops pupils' mathematical ability and confidence without having to resort to memorising procedures to pass tests - making mathematics more engaging and interesting.
The facilitators will be: Katharine Anstey, Headteacher, St John’s First School and Maths SLE at Wimborne Teaching School.
There will be an opportunity to visit a Year 1, 2, 3 or 4 class using the Maths- No Problem! material, discuss and understand the approach with a view to developing teaching towards mastery. There will be an opportunity to discuss the lesson observed with the class teacher and reflect on the core elements with the facilitators.
- The use of textbook material to support whole class teaching and mastery of mathematics
- The use of concrete and visual representations
- The use of variation ensuring children are able to draw out generalisations from examples
- Pre-lesson design and post lesson evaluation that looks at how particular lessons are developing mastery
- Evaluate how the textbook material contributes to children’s deeper conceptual understanding of mathematical concepts and teaching for mastery.
For more information and to book a place, please complete the attached booking form and return to: email@example.com
JURASSIC MATHS HUB CPD OPPORTUNITIES
Please click on the following link to view the Maths Hub brochure detailing all professional development opportunities that are available. Click on any page to participate.